Most days I am happy enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings with a couple of squares of dark chocolate, but sometimes that doesn’t quite cut it and I need something decadent, and overwhelmingly chocolatey.
These brownies are rich, gooey and fudgey, and have a tiny list of ingredients that the average baker will definitely have already! I added raspberries and oreos to mine, but the batter itself is very versatile and there are so many flavour combinations to play around with.
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup caster sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup non-dairy milk
3/4 vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
Handful of raspberries
Around half a packet of oreos
1. Preheat oven to around 180 degrees Celsius (360 Fahrenheit) and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt to a large mixing powder and stir to combine.
3. Pour into the dry ingredients your oil and milk, and whisk it all up
4. Crush up the oreos, and add half (save the other half) aswell as the raspberries to the batter, and transfer to your baking tin
5. Top with the remaining crushed oreos, and place into the oven for around 30 minutes
Now just let your house fill with that warm, chocolatey baking scent and wait until they are ready! I would advise leaving them to cool for a little while before slicing, as they will be sticky and hard to cut when they are still warm (although this is when they are the most delicious).
If you try this recipe make sure to take a photo and tag me on instagram, I love seeing your creations!