These creamy coronation style chickpeas are the perfect quick sandwich filler, with minimal ingredients, and they taste absolutely delicious too!
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- 200g plain dairy free yoghurt (I use Alpro plain unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tbsp mango chutney
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the tin of chickpeas.
- In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, curry powder, chutney, lemon juice and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Finally add the drained chickpeas into the yoghurt mixture and mix to combine everything.
You can also add a handful of sultanas to this recipe to give it that true ‘coronation chicken’ taste, but I’m not much of a fan so I leave them out!
Layer onto fresh bread with salad leaves and enjoy! This recipe also tastes great in a wrap or over a big hearty salad.
If you try this recipe make sure you tag me on instagram, I love to see all of your creations!